Re: [NTLK] Toad Hollow

From: Thomas Isenbarger (isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 16:34:18 PST

On Jan 6, 2005, at 6:23 PM, johnc wrote:

> I thought of one way around this, the lack of 2005 holidays, at least
> for Mac OS X users: use nSync and iCal. I downloaded Canadian holidays
> from icalshare, which populated my iCal calendar, then downloaded and
> installed nSync. Which is where I'm stuck, can't get a connection.
>
> Anyone else willing to try? Meanwhile I'm going to go through the
> list's and the wiki's nSync resources and see what I can find. I still
> think recreating the program, or a reasonable facsimile wouldn't be too
> hard. Sadly I've only got the vaguest idea of where to start (and it's
> a thousand page pdf file...)

nSync is great, but does some weird things as far as repeating dates
and contacts. I don't use it myself as I have a lot of "clean up" to
do after I sync.

by the way, i remember a thread back a bit regarding Apple moving to
make iSync more open to outside developers, allowing syncing of all
kinds of devices. . .including the Newton i hope.

Tom

--
isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu
thomas a isenbarger