[NTLK] 2005 and other Holidays

From: johnc (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 19:14:56 PST

OK, I've had an idea, but I need some help from someone knowledgeable
in the ways of NewtonScript.

It seems most (all?) of the calendars on icalshare.com are available in
a .ics format. Toad Hollow's offering was great, but perhaps you wanted
more focussed entries. Different US states, for example, have different
holidays. You might need to know when Groundhog Day is, or you might
not.

I'll offer to write a perl script to convert the standard ics format to
NewtonScript code suitable for importing into NTK if someone can tell
me what the output should look like. From there it could be compiled
into a package.

Now there are better ways of doing this, this is a hack job, but it's
the only way I know how.

Suggestions? Takers?

John