Re: [NTLK] Lament for a dying eMate

From: Clayton Mitchell (claytonmitchell_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 05:56:06 PST

Thomas Sluyter wrote:

>Now, when I bought the eMate the seller (Simon who's also a member of
>this mailing list) mentioned that the battery was still the original
>from '97, so I'm not completely surprised by the eMates behaviour. Just
>thought I'd be a bit of a drama queen :P
>
>/me starts saving up pennies and dimes for replacement parts.
>
>Cheers!
>

>Thomas

That sounds about right for the age of the batteries. All rechargeable
batteries get a memory and fail to fully charge after some time. Here
are two links that could help. The first is for cheep batteries. The
second (Frank's site) tells about how to rebuild them.

http://www.batteriesamerica.com/newpage3.htm

http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_battery_pack.html

If you would find this task daunting we may be able to work something
out. I have rebuilt several eMate packs and would be willing to
negotiate if you would like me to rebuild yours.