[NTLK] Lotus Organizer 2.12 and NCU

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 06:58:27 PST

Hello Everybody,
I just wanted to report my own trials and tribulations in using NCU lately on
my laptop.
I had a hard time getting NCU's settings to let me change to the correct
serial port. I had to fool repeatedly with stuff in the control panel, to
reconfigure the COM2 port. What a PITA it was. However, It's now working fine once
again.

I managed to get the 'Export' function in NCU to send the 'Dates' app data to
Lotus Organizer 2.12 on my laptop. My hope is to start using Lotus Organizer
as a way to get data off of my Newton and into my main PC machine where I can
utilize it more effectively.

I've not been able to get data from my 'Notepad' app to ANY program on my
laptop. In that regard, I keep getting a communications error message in NCU. Has
anyone had better luck with exporting Notepad data to a PC? I'm wondering if
the communications error is caused because I have too much stuff saved in my
'Notepad' app: text notes, cover letters, drawings, and sound byte files from
my trip to the Smokies last summer. I'm going to try using another Messagepad,
one that's not so 'clogged' with data.

More to follow...

Matt K.