Re: [NTLK] Has anyone installed CU successfully

From: johnc (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 22:06:56 PST

On Jan 8, 2005, at 6:01 PM, Woody Smith wrote (something like):

> Claris (folder - inside System Folder)
> Claris Translators (folder)
> PICT 8k
> RTF 24k
> Text 8k
> Claris XTND System 40k
>
> Extensions (folder)
> AppleTalk ADSP Tool 36k
> XTND Power Enabler 12k
>
> Newton Connection Utilities (folder)
> Translators (folder)
> IntelliLink (folder) 3.1MB
> Newton Connection Utilities 4.5MB
> Read Me 20k

OK, I've done two installs of NCU and checked the results. Let's not=20
put anyone through that again. The first time through I used the three=20=

disk images and the easy install. The above were installed, as well as=20=

AppleScriptLib and AppleScript=99 (where the heck is KeyCaps on OS X=20
again?). The second (even more painful) time through I did a custom=20
install, choosing each of the three in turn: Application Only,=20
Translators, Communications Tools. Each time I had to wait through a=20
lengthly 'preparing installation' phase. The two AppleScript files=20
/weren't/ installed that time. (I coloured everything beforehand with a=20=

'label')

To note:
-> The 'Claris' folder lives in the System folder. The other files=20
Woody mentioned (see previous email) may have been from Newton=20
Bookmaker or another program.
-> The Intellilink folder contains:
     COrgAe2
     ilxdf.fil
     ilxcorg2.fil
     ilxnewt.fil
     ilxnow35.fil
     Now Contacts 3.5
     Now Events 3.5
     Organizer 2.0
     tables.itb
whatever the heck they're for.

I'll zip this up and make it available to anyone who wants it.

Whew, glad that's over. Now back to Holidays...

jc