Re: [NTLK] somes questions from a newbee

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 06:35:06 PST

On Jan 10, 2005, at 8:41 AM, Philippe Godin wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am the happy owner of an MP2000 since a week and
> every things are going well.

Great!

> 3 - As the MP come withous the Serial Dongle, I need
> to buy one or to install a "Dongle Killer". I've see
> on the net the SER001 and another item who looks like
> the SER 001 and delivered in 'Newtonian Paradise".
> Could I ave sme advices on these items ?

Since others have answered the first two, I'll chime in here. One of
our list members, PCB man (David Humphrey's) makes the SER001 board.
While I have not used it, others love it and he has a great reputation
for quality and service. There is a "counterfeit" board also that is
based on one of his old designs. Its best to avoid it. You can find
David at:

http://www.members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/

He's currently sold out. You may be able to find one on ebay, but it is
best to check to see if it is his latest version. You can contact him
directly to see if and when he may make another production run.

> Thanks for the help

We're always glad to help around here!

--
Mark Ross