[NTLK] memory leak? any suggestions?

From: Brad Schurman (photomanbrad_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 23:04:13 PST

Hi... Im pretty new to the newton and this list too :)

I tried the chuma.org link for the faq and it says a
404 not found... so thought i would risk ticking you
all off with a tech question.

I just Ebay'd myself a NMP 2000 with keyboard and a
2100. I first had to do some riptearing on them to
make use of more RAM 2100. The screen on the 2000 was
swapped over with some care using the disassemble
instructions I googled. Very cool, cuz now the 2100
has the screen that isnt touch sensitive wonky that I
can use on the road and I do letters with the other ;)
All the card slots have roomy cards with lots of space
left.

Havent had them both for very long, but now that Im
doing xmas letters and things on one and hand stuff on
the other using Works, im noticing that even the 2100
doesnt run very long without that CPU ram icon
counting down available memory until it says "not
enough memory cant perform function must restart
newton". Is this normal? Im not typing war and peace.
Did i fudge the internal ram somehow when I
screenswapped? I got the plugin for exceeding the 32k
Notes limit, but it seems to be more Works issue... I
dont do notes that are so big.

I got a bunch of free softw. with it and made sure it
had the latest OS for both, the latest add ons (-15403
error or something kind of 'control panel') . I see
there is a NewtCon of sorts, hope you all enjoy, I
love these little green guys as much as i do my ipod.
Hi from -35C canada and read from you soon.

Photomanbrad