Re: [NTLK] stylus not recognized

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 21:31:50 PST

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:06:15 -0500, Chod Lang <chodlang1_at_mac.com> wrote:

> My problem is that the "new" Newton is having a difficult
> time recognizing my printing

I'm not sure if this will resolve your issue 100% but I believe if you
preform a complete backup of the original MP your previous items that
your MP has learned about your handwriting will be transfered over to
the Newt MP. (Someone confirm this idea please or correct me here)

> and is not accepting the keyboard entries
> very well either. It seems that the keyboard is always one key or so
> off. When I go to Setup I can hardly get the second click to take at
> all.
> I've had 4 Newtons and never had this problem before. Any ideas on a
> fix?

I'm not going to say it is the jaggies, but your other New MP maybe a
bit off on the digitizer settings and if you can you can offset your
placement of your stylus when centering the three default locations.
This may adjust the centering of the MP to register in the correct
centered location. I have a MP like this though it is registering only
about an 1/8" to 1/16" lower if you hit the center of each box. I'm
going by the assumption that you mean that when you hit a key on the
on screen keyboard it registers a key or so in one direction off.

HTH

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung