Re: [NTLK] re-celling a battery

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 19:53:45 PST

I think that the normal charge time for the original cells was about an
hour. I would expect that it will take longer for larger capacity
cellos to charge. I have 2100 mAh cells in mine and get a full charge
in less than two hours. I do see progress in the extras battery bar as
it charges. When I plug in the charger the level seen drops then
slowly progresses to full.
When i built mine I measured the voltage of each cell then each pair
and finally that of the full pack.
If all of your solder joints are good you should read about 4.8 volts
for the pack. On my first attempt I had a poor connection between the
charge reducing component opposite the charging contacts and had some
intermittent problems till I corrected it.
Measuring the voltage across the contacts should reveal continuity
issues the other source of problem is dirty contacts inside the Newt.

Woody