Re: [NTLK] Question

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 08:12:46 PST

On 17 Jan, 2005, at 6:48 pm, DrBielory wrote:

> I can receive email using either Eudora or Simple Mail, but I get an
> error
> message sending mail that starts with 556.

That number is reported by the SMTP server. 556 means "client
authentication required". In other words you need to check the SMTP
Authenticate box in your owner card's SimpleMail setup and enter your
SMTP username and password. (It's probably the same as your POP/IMAP
password and username.) Eudora doesn't support SMTP authentication,
BTW.

Simon