Re: [NTLK] Backlight buzz

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 13:47:02 PST

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 03:49:24PM -0500, Sonny Hung wrote:
> By the explanation of Potting, wouldn't this be detrimental to the
> Newt as this would prevent heat dissipation?

It might, if heat is an issue for the to-be-potted component, but
sometimes the currents are low enough that the conduction is good enough
anyway. Some things are "air insulated" instead of "air cooled", if you
get my drift.

--
57. Before employing any captured artifacts or machinery, I will carefully
    read the owner's manual.