Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V5 #37

From: Andrew Fox (andrewfox_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 12:42:46 PST

Hi Philippe,

My apologies for not clarifying =85=85

The MAC address is the hardware address that any card (wireless or=20
ethernet) is know by on a network. Airport Base Stations and all other=20=

brands to my knowledge allow you to put these MAC addresses into your=20
base stations config as a security measure to limit access to your=20
wireless network. This way only clients you are aware of can use your=20
wireless network.

In the Airport Extreme you enter the MAC addresses under the button=20
labelled Access Control in the Airport Admin Utilities main window.

When you open this window and you find it's empty then the possible=20
cause I suggested is not the problem in your case.

Are you using WEP passwords from the Newton or NO password?

regards
Andrew