Re: [NTLK] Can't get NCU to work properly in Classic/OS X

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 12:22:38 PST

On Jan 22, 2005, at 11:57 AM, Frank Gruendel wrote:

>> I think that Peter is probably right about my ISP, though.
>> I'll have to heck if they just aren't ready for Newton (in
>> a backward kind of way).
>
> Don't tell them you are using a Newton. Tell them you are using
> a PC and ask them everything you need to know. If they hear Newton,
> they'll probably answer something that starts with "we don't
> support..."
> and your last chance of support will be gone.
>
> Frank (speaking from experience...)

Agreed. It's best if you actually know which questions to ask:

What are the dial up phone #'s? What kind of modems are these?

What is your DNS server address?

Almost every good ISP will work with Newton. Just not MSN or AOL :~)

Marty

PS as long as the ISP doesn't need proprietary software you should be
ok (most don't).