Re: [NTLK] Advice for ALL

From: Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail (izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 18:35:29 PST

I'll take the liberty of pasting what Dan had to say as an extension:

Actually you could leave it indefinitely. The storage in the MP2x00 is
FLASH and does not require power to retain data (as I am sure is what
Woody meant to say). People have left them in drawers for several
years,
get them out, put in fresh batteries and they work as if it was just
used yesterday (except for needing to reset the clock of course). It is
very hard to loose data on a MP2x00 unless you swap the ROM cards or do
a brainwipe by the normal meathod. Newts don't have "blackouts" like a
Palm or a Pocket PC will if they loose power. ;)