Re: [NTLK] emate battery reconditioning

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2005 - 14:00:36 PST

I suspect that that the technique was to leave it in the eMate till it
shut down. If you want to fully discharge the battery pack, I think
you will need to put an appropriate load across the red and black wires
such as a six volt light bulb. Don't try this until others have had a
chance to point out how stupid it is.
If you are unable to get it to take a charge at all, try chilling it
for 15 or 20 minutes in a freezer then try charging. Others have
reported success with slapping it firmly against a hard surface.
I recommend rebuilding the pack. Modern NiMH batteries have twice the
capacity as the original cells and it is a relatively simple task.

Woody