Re: [NTLK] Updating some UNNA stuff today... found GPS Map 2.1

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 09:28:54 PST

On Sunday, January 23, 2005, at 01:43 PM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> I'm finally taking some time and moving some stuff out of the UNNA
> submission
> queue into the archive. I just noticed a real gem that was sitting
> there
> though...
>
> Gerd Staudenmaier, the author of GPS Map (IMHO the best GPS software
> ever for
> Newton) has provided the full and final version of GPS Map 2.1 with no
> registration required. This makes me happy, being a GPS-totin' Newt
> user, and
> will probably make others happy too.
>
> http://www.unna.org/view.php?/applications/GPSMap2.1
>
> The archive of the GPS Map web pages are still up, and I have revised
> them a
> bit to point to this version to download.

That's great news Victor!

Looks like I'll have to finally get myself a couple MP130's so that I
can try the full version of GPS Map. I still need to find the right
PS/2(RS-232) to Din-8(RS-422) adapter, for the mini Polstar GPS antenna
that I bought. My first try to make a custom cable didn't work and I
may need to find some other (simpler) way to get this GPS receiver
working with the Newton's serial port.

I've almost completed accessorizing my U.S. Army issue, Lake Tahoe
Hiking Newton. Here's a teaser shot I'm submitting to the Newtons
Around The World Gallery. This is the first photo in a series to be
called "How To Pack Your Newton"

http://webpages.charter.net/quadzillanet/howtopack.jpg

Ron

--
Sent using Mail for Mac OS X. Cyberdog lives!
--
    |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET