Re: [NTLK] emate charging issues

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 21:26:05 PST

Nah,
what you have discovered has been discussed in detail
here on this list...There are several ways to revive a
stuborn battery. Smacking (dropping it on a hard
floor) and freezing are two popular attempts.
I myself has hd good results from freezing and
subsequent charging of NiCad and NiMH batteries (hmmm,
I wonder about lithium Ion batteries?)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- David Lairson <d_lairson_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've noticed since I froze (in the freezer) my emate
> that I am getting
> significantly better battery life but for the past
> two times if it gets
> below 20% full when I plug it in to charge it does
> nothing. The charging
> light stays green and it only starts charging after
> I reset the emate. IS
> this a known issue or have I created some sort of
> monster.
>
> Thanks,
> David

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial