Re: [NTLK] Question regarding a recent purchase for my Newton

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 00:34:11 PST

Just to give you a technical hint:
In case the BL is really a genuine Newt part, it should come with a
connector attached to the wires.
Before disassembling your Newt you can unplug your Newts BL and plug the new
one instead.
If you now switch on the BL you will see if the new BL is lit and if the
intensity is evenly distributed over the area.
Keep in mind that the pure BL will appear brighter than after being
installed.
The LCD display will absorbe quiet a bit when the (back)light goes through
it.

Cheers
Johannes