Re: [NTLK] New possible candidate platform for einstein

From: Dan Thaning (dan.thaning_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 12:38:48 PST

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:40:44 -0800, Martin Joseph
<martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:
>=20
> I think we need a touch screen for one thing. Also it would be better
> if the device used an ARM CPU, as that might allow Paul to leverage
> some of the newton's code into a native mode...
>=20
> Something more like this (heh)
>=20
> http://www.intermec.com/eprise/main/Intermec/Content/Products/
> Products_ShowDetail?Product=3DCMPTR7X1#
Hurrgh, ugly and the screen is to small.
>=20
> Or
>=20
> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/215348-64929-215381
> -314903-f61-420534.html
>=20
> My 2c (US)
>=20
> Marty
The iPAQ hx4700 iss perfect. 640x480 screen Wifi AND Bluetooth, SD
AND CompactFlash cards
Look here http://www.handhelds.org/

"First Linux boot on HP iPAQ hx4700!
Wednesday, December 22 2004 @ 08:36 AM EST
Contributed by: michaelo
The hx4700-port team is proud to announce its first Linux boot!

We had to modify HaRET to support booting Linux from Windows Mobile
2003. So far, there is only support from command line access through a
serial console. USB networking (for those without a serial cable) and
display support are our next targets. "

So Einstein on Ipaq-Linux can=B4t be that far off. Also it would be nice
to run Minimo/Mozilla on the linux at wifispots ;-)