[NTLK] MP2000 to MacOS X 10.4

From: lists_at_garbitch.com
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 12:58:13 PDT

Hi,

Was a Newton user back in the Sharp ExpertPad days, and a year back bought
a 2000 off of eBay, doing little with it. :) I have recently started using
it more. I have nSync to install packages (no problems) using a KeySpan 2
port USB to Serial adapter. I have that other syncing product NewtSync
0.3.3, I think, I forget the name for now, but it won't sync to iCal, just
Dates.

I don't need sync, I just need a reliable way to backup to the Mac,
something that can ultimately be exported, just to feel safe in storing
data in the Newton.

I tried downloading the NCU for Mac OS, and installed Classic and 9.2 on
my Mac. I also installed the KeySpan drivers for Mac OS 9. In Tiger prefs,
I enabled AppleTalk, and in the Chooser, I did the same in Classic. That
didn't seem to work - is there anyway to do this sync? Failing that, how
can I make NewtSync and the newest iCal work? I really prefer Classic
sync, since call me crazy, but I'm not a big fan of Address Book.