[NTLK] Lost Files?

From: Richard McCarthy (RichardinBerlin_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 06:10:43 PDT

Hi,

I bought an eMate from ebay earlier this year, and, for a variety of
reasons, (adding RAM and fixing the hinge) I am only now getting it set
up properly to do what I want it to. I suspect that I'll be posting
about that over the coming weeks. However I have a more immediate
concern that I could do with some help with.

I recently bought a 2 MB memory card. The person who supplied this to
me had copied some of the packages that I will need on to this card,
but when I inserted it into my eMate, it brought up a dialogue box,
which only offered me the option of erasing the card. The person I
bought the card from was kind enough to lend me another card which did
have the packages I needed on it, as a back up from his own working
eMate set up.

I therefore wanted to restore my eMate using the second card that I was
sent. The only thing I had on my eMate was some Newtworks files. I
copied these on to the first card I was sent and also made a backup of
Newtworks. However, when I came to reinsert the card into the eMate,
it again brought up the dialogue box which only offered me the option
to erase the card, which I haven't done. As I had used the folder
option to get those files on to the card, there are no longer on the
eMate's internal memory. It seems that there is a fault with the card,
or, at best, some compatibility issue between it an my eMate.

My question is whether there is any way I can get those files back, or
do I simply have to accept that they are lost for ever? I could really
do with being able to get them back! I don't want to do anything else
on the eMate until I have got this issue sorted out, if that is even
possible.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Best Wishes,

Richard