Re: [NTLK] Can different Newton sounds be allocated to different functions?

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 14:17:23 PDT

On Jul 11, 2005, at 4:19 PM, mkow1234_at_aol.com wrote:
> Is there a piece of software that will allow the Newton to allocate
> a different sound effect for different functions? I have VoiceAlarm
> installed, which allows the use of different recorded sounds as an
> alarm. What I would like is to designate different sounds to
> different Newton functions. For example, I'd like one specific
> sound to play when the Newton starts, another sound to play when an
> error is made, another sound to play when the Newton is shut down,
> etc. Does such an animal exist?
>
> Matt K.

Indeedy. You can use, as I do, Sunrise, which I could only find here:
http://download.planetnewton.com/download/Util/Security20.htm

Sunrise allows you to set sounds for startup and sleep. It installs
in Preferences. As far as error, the only thing I know of is in the
Sound preference pane in the Newt, where you assign the Alert sound.

- Dave