Re: [NTLK] Newton Sleep Problem

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 14:16:21 PDT

Matt Howe wrote:
> I had a similar problem with my 2100U. I always had to keep it on charge
> over night, often a pain when traveling. But I had Librarian (the program
> that allows you to advance pages in Newton book with the power switch)
> installed on my Newt. I never use it as it is just as easy for me to tap the
> scroll arrow with a finger nail and it was bugging me that I couldn't turn
> the Newt off while I had a book open (my wife loves to ask me questions
> while I am reading). So I froze the Librarian package and all of a sudden my
> Newt turns off after 10 minutes like it is supposed to. So you might look to
> see if you have Librarian installed and try freezing it.

Wives love to do that.....actually I think everyone loves to do that.
Or at least it seems like it.....start reading and everyone has
questions lol (been there done that). As for librarian package, that
may be a "feature" so that it doesn't close the book you are trying to
read (if you are a slow reader) or so it won't sleep when you are
flipping the switch. I like the idea of Librarian, but like many on
this list I prefer to preserve my power switch as long as possible. And
there is a package that will turn the pages at a set time interval which
sounds handy (will have to give it a spin) if you don't want to tap the
screen all the time.

-Dan