[NTLK] Newton death and resurrection

From: Sean C. (tesla4d_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 10:41:31 PDT

Hello!

A while ago, I reported the death of my MP2100 and signed off the
list. At the time, I thought the problem was screen cable damage
because the i/c port door had broken off.
Last night, I called my friend who had fixed my dad's unit, and he
said to try some of the resets while it was hooked up to the a/c
adapter.
As soon as I plugged it in, it fired right up, AUTOMATICALLY, with no
data lost. So here's a salute to my little green buddy!
Co-incidentally, the power switch is still acting funky. Power-on is
normal, but power-off either turns it off, toggles the backlight, or
tuns it off, then on.

I'm glad to be back!
Nathan