Re: [NTLK] Newton death and resurrection

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 19:12:25 PDT

Sean C. wrote:
> How, exactly, do you clean the switch?
> Thanks for the advice.

Well I have heard some people using contact cleaner spray, and after
taking apart the newton spraying it so that it gets in the switch.
Thought I can't say how long this will work and if it will react with
the plastics or not (given time). But I know that some people were
successful with it. Personally I would try disassembling the switch and
try cleaning the contacts. But if you are not confident in doing that,
have someone else that is. If I remember right, it was quite a job to
do it.

Frank should have a better idea of what is involved (if anyone does).

-Dan