Re: [NTLK] Seeking nature sound generator app (for meditation, relaxation, sleep)

From: Martin Gomez (mmgomez_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 11:27:40 PDT

mkow1234_at_aol.com wrote:
.MOD files are some kind of "antiquity" in those daysof mega-multi-media
computers, where everything has sound, video and fill your hard drive
with megabytes of that... but going to your question: the MOD format was
born in the Amiga line of computers, it's a kind of midi with embedded
digitized samples and 4 tracks that can play those samples varying pitch
and speed of playback at the same time (yes, 4 channels, 2 more than
stereo and back in the '80s).
The original software for writing mods was "ProTracker", but you can
find a lot of different programs to do that searching google.
i've found a MOD player for the Mac here:
http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/cgi-bin/NewSearch?key=MOD+player
and here i found many MOD players and Trackers, for linux and windows:
http://sound.condorow.net/mod.html

I hope that helps

Cheers
Martin