From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 17:11:41 PDT
I'm pleased to announce the availability of Einstein Emulator for =20
MacOS X UP2.
This new version brings many changes and will expire on July, 7th.
You can download it on my website:
This new release comes with a full featured User's Manual in PDF format.
- Rewrote the PortAudio interface.
- Added a CoreAudio sound manager. This is now the default sound =20
- Fixed a problem in Tiger: the screen wasn=92t updated when the mouse =20=
- Transform the README document into a User=92s Manual.
- Added NewtonScript global functions to log lines or to break into =20
- User data is now imported from the AddressBook if available, or via =20=
account (Unix method is also implemented and has been tested).
- The time zone is now set to match the host time zone. This is =20
setting the location on the Newton (instead of default which is =20
on US units). The location is chosen as being either the city of =20
the owner (if
found in the AddressBook and if the time zone matches), a city in =20
region or state, a city of the country of the owner or whatever =20
city is in the
same time zone. A random location is created in the unlikely case =20
time zone doesn=92t exist on the Newton.
- Created a GUI to dump the ROM via TCP/IP instead of using nc(1) in the
- Emulation of 2 PCMCIA sockets. I discovered that NewtonOS will =20
if I try to emulate more than 2. Interruption aren't emulated yet.
- Emulation of the serial number ROM Chip. The NewtonID is set to
0000-4E65-7774-6F6E for now.
- Fixed a bug yielding to a total loss of changes between reboots. =20
saved in UP1 are actually empty and will be "factory-recalibrated".
- The preferences are now saved to file and the setup window can be =20
- Alerts that were previously logged in the Console are now reported =20
- Added primitive NIE bindings (incomplete).
- X11 interface now works with Familiar Linux=92 X11 server.
- Recompiled with gcc-4.0.
Ministre ultrapl=E9nipotentiaire en disponibilit=E9.
Mobile. Sans baignoire fixe.
-- This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/ WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Mon Jun 06 2005 - 19:30:00 PDT