Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Konstantinos Theofilis (theofilis_at_macland.gr)
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 16:20:19 PDT

Oh please...dont start this conversation again....

A few days after the announcement, a more cool consideration of the
facts (apart from the psychological factor of "intel") says that the
mac still lives on, lives strong and will continuie to do so... This
was not so sure with IBM....

As a mac developer and an editor in a mac magazine... many people
talked to me these days...I have heard all sorts of non sense these
two days...

What I know is that all my apps compiled without any change for x86.
What I know is that I dont care about the chip maker (and wasnt IBM
the devil back in the 80's??).

I consider myself a mac fanatic but in the same time I can make the
distinction between "religion" and logic. IBM PPCs are fine now but
we would be forced to continue to have g4 in our laptops and have
powermacs running at 2.99999 Ghz for the next years...

If the quality is the same...if the OS is the same...if the stability
is the same....It is mac for me. (I am making it off topic)

And I am too tired to prove the obvious....

Kostas