Re: [NTLK] [OT]Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 12:25:35 PDT

On Jun 8, 2005, at 9:52 PM, Matt Baker wrote:

> So, 15 YEARS of X86 experience for the Mac OS and they switched to
> IBM why? Seems like a decision made in haste.

I think they have now had a taste of the broader market via iPod and
the Mac mini.

Ultimately this is a decision to pursue the broadest market available...

This is going to be a two edged sword of course... While there no
longer will be a need to struggle for processors to compete with
"other" PC vendors, but now the there will be an "apples to apples"
comparison for performance.

Anyhow, it is still a future plan, so the roadmap could change.
Perhaps a consumer level adoption of intel, and a workstation class
Power5?

A boy can dream,
Marty