Re: [NTLK] [OT] What to do with an Older Mac

From: Raj Patel (phigmov_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 20:40:01 PDT

Pick up a couple of old-style Mac serial Connectix Quickcams and use
it for security/monitoring via Oculus or WebCamToo

http://www.intlweb.com/IWI/index.html
http://webcam.paperjet.com/downloads.html=20

Lest we forget that the Mac was (note past tense) one of the most
secure web servers around so stick a http server on it

http://www.machttp.org/modules.php?op=3Dmodload&name=3DSections&file=3Dinde
x&req=3Dviewarticle&artid=3D6&POSTNUKESID=3D610e39ddb99dc991418667107590b84=
5

You could also use it to tunnel IP in AppleTalk packets via a bridge
(Apple released a free utility to bridge ethernet TCP/IP to Localtalk
but I can't find it...) to support older non ethernet Macs too.