Re: [NTLK] Back light problem

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 10:17:30 PDT

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 10:55:16AM -0500, David Golden wrote:
> I recently sold a MP 2000. I gave the unit a very thorough going over
> before I listed it for sale. The back light wasn't as bright as a new
> unit ( ah, the memories.... ) but it was bright enough for easy,
> comfortable use. When the unit arrived at the seller's he wrote and
> told me that the light was very dim. Now, I have a perfect ebay record,
> and in years past have sold MPs to members of this list with complete
> satisfaction all around. I am very distressed by this new situation.
>
> My question is, could something have happened during shipping? I am
> obsessively careful about packing, but given the sudden deterioration
> of the back light's performance, I have to wonder. TIA

Do you have any objective reason to suspect that the backlight changed
in any way, or would it be possible that this person's opinion of "dim"
is exactly the same brightness as your opinion of "bright enough".

--
Christian Biblical literalists are trusting themselves to an archaic English
translation of a Latin translation of (help me here) Greek? Aramaic?  source.