Re: [NTLK] Reading books on Newt

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 11:40:18 PDT

Hubert Napierała wrote:
> I'm having a hard time reading books on my MP2000u. There are always
> one or two words missing between every page. No matter what books I
> read (downloaded from unna or created in Press) it's always the same.
> Are there any patches to fix it or something?
> Hubert

Well first off, what do you have installed on your Newt? Do you have
any packages that might alter the screen size? Do you have Xnewtbook
installed? That package does have some bugs, although I have never
encountered that one before. Did you try reseting the Newt after
installing the book? What size (format) of book are you using in Press?
  Have you tried classic or universal and see if the problem still persists?

First I would try a reset, and if that didn't work try freezing
everything except the book, reset then see if the problem persists. If
it still does, try a smaller format like Classic or Universal format.
Most of the books I have uploaded lately have been in several formats.
I prefer classic myself as it is a format that fits on all Newts and is
bigger than Universal. But as I said try a smaller size and see if that
is the problem. My bet is the last part of the text ends with ....
that means that there is more text on that page than what the screen can
render. It could be you have installed the emate portrait (or
landscape) format and while this looks very close in size it is slightly
larger than the MP2x00's screen and this could be your problem.

-Dan