Re: [NTLK] Help needed with Lucent Wavelan Silver! Aieeee!

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 20:56:17 PST

I am assuming that you also set up the wifi card with the actual SSID
of your linksys router?
That's the only thing I can think of that you didn't explicitly
mention...

Also - an interesting trick - with my old D-Link router (since replaced
after it fried itself) and my newton - using an Lucent Wavelan Silver
Turbo, I owuld sometimes have difficulty getting the thing to connect -
what I did was this:

When I launch something, the "connection" slip appears - with the
button connect at the bottom, and with the card / network profile
pickers, up at the top left of this slip is a diamond picker showing my
current worksite / user. If the connection repeatedly failed to go, I
would tap this, and select the correct site (even if it was already
selected), and THEN when I tried to connect it would go. I can't
gaurantee that this will help - but give it a shot.

J Tyler Nichols