Re: [NTLK] HELP extras , more problems

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 08:18:12 PST

> I do as follows. I try to file the programs to internal (some of them,
> internal memory is limited) . Unmount the Card 1. Reset. Delete some
> files on internal which I think can cause the problem (del works, error
> 45404 doesn't show up). Mount Card 1 (I cannot del any longer (err.
> 45404). I try to file the programs to internal again...
>
> Internal starts to be full, it is problem no. 1. Secondly, I have
> different valuable data, which in the end cannot be deleted (these
> files are invisible (Bills to Pay).
>
> Questions:
> Selection before restore is in some way limited to some programs? Can I
> see the backup content?

Generally no. You can select which data you want to restore, but you
can't select which programs. It really sounds like you have some major
corruption there. And you shouldn't be moving packages around when you
get corruption. It will just spread it around. Packages you can just
delete and restore anyway.

I would suggest backing up EVERYTHING using NCU (make two backups to be
safe by copying the backup files to another folder and backing up
again), then erase the cards, remove cards, brain wipe and restore it.
Restore only one thing at a time. Start with the internal and see if
that works ok. Then restore a card and see if that works. Then restore
the second card. This may fix it or it may just restore the corruption.
  If it still has problems don't restore the programs, but try restoring
the data and reinstall the package files and see if you still have problems.

Also I really think that card 1 is the corrupt one as after you insert
that your problems start.

You should do this as soon as you can as I know some people that were
having corruption problems, that right after the backup the Newton was
non functional and had to be brainwiped (EVERYTHING DELETED) to get it
going again.

-Dan