Re: [NTLK] Looking for an eMail Application

From: Michael Chrisman (michael_chrisman_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 11:42:21 PST

That's not quite what I am looking for. That will sync with the mail
server. I am looking for a tool to sync email with a desktop client
(like Outlook, Eudora, etc). I looked through the users guide and
could find anything on how to configure it with a desktop client. It
wants to talk directly to the email server.

--- "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_at_ninehells.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 11:15:21AM -0800, Michael Chrisman wrote:
> > I am looking for an email program for my eMate that will sync with
> > desktop client on Windows. I am open to any desktop email client. I
> > have downloaded and tried Eudora lite, but the desktop and the
> eMate
> > don't ever seem to find each other when trying to communicate via
> > serial connection. Either help on getting Eudora Lite working or
> > another software package would be great.
>
> Mail V is the only one that has a chance at all of "syncing". Any
> kind
> of mulitple client use really only works with server mailboxes under
> IMAP. (And even then, it's a little fiddly due to the inconsistant
> folder handling methods between IMAP servers and between IMAP
> clients.)
>
> --
> 82. I will not shoot at any of my enemies if they are standing in
> front of
> the crucial support beam to a heavy, dangerous, unbalanced
> structure.
> --Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil
> Overlord
> --
> inquiries
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/