Re: [NTLK] Newton and OS X

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 10:55:20 PST

Jon:

I have an MP2000u (upgraded, the same as an MP2100) that I use with a
wireless card and my G4 iBook, although I have also used it with my work
unit, a Titanium Powerbook.

To sync, via OS X, with the Address Book you could use NewtSync. I have had
good luck synching the address book that way. For iCal, you could also use
NewtSync, but I have never gotten it to work correctly -- all the
appointments would sync, but they would be off by one hour. I think that it
may have something to do with my home location of Indiana, where time "never
changes" -- ie., there is no daylight savings time.

If you can get a copy, Newtourage, which works as a Classic application, is
a great way to sync with Entourage X. This does a fantastic job of synching
addresses and events. I use Entourage as my main email client, but I do
occasionally sync to the OS X address book and iCal.

Once you have the wireless network set up, you could transfer packages with
a program like Escale under OS X. Of course, you could use Newton Connection
Utilities to do backups, transfer programs, etc., in the Classic
environment.

There are good email clients for the Newton, but I am not aware of one that
will sync email with your TiBook or your Wallstreet. Maybe someone else on
the list is more knowledgeable.

Hope this helps.

--
Patrick Jendraszak