Re: [NTLK] Newton and E-mail

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 14:13:33 PST

Hi,

Can someone please inform us which program is being used with which
service and if they can send and/or receive. I think this will end the
banter and get to the point.

The issue seems to be with each service one uses there might be
hurdles that prevent it to be used fully. Now if someone has the
details about a particular service I'd be interested in fiddling with
my Newton for email.

I'm personally looking into Hotmail, GMail, Yahoo and Excite to name a
few. If someone is using a re particular service not mentioned yet
plug it in.

Can anyone with experience getting these services to work with the
Newton plug in the details with which client they are using and how
they got it to send and receive.
Likely it would be best in the Wikki but even a discussion here would
be greatly appreciated. It seems secure setups kill all hope but tell
us what does work! :)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:25:53 -0500, David Abramowitz
<david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2005, at 3:13 PM, jg wrote:
> Not sure what you mean, John. Both e-mail programs you mention are
> capable of both sending and receiving. If you have SimpleMail
> installed, you will find it when you go to your In/Out on the Newton,

God bless,
Sonny Hung
the Hung Family