From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 22:31:00 PST
I'm pleased to announce that Makoto Nukui has released NEWT/0 0.0.9 20050314.
In a nutshell:
- Just like there is PyObjC and RubyCocoa, one can now program
applications in NewtonScript using NewtObjC. A sample code is
provided (a currency converter for MacOS X).
- protoNATIVE was changed in NativeCalls for an easier use,
exchanging a proto for global variables
- there are only binaries for MacOS X. Makoto apologies and will
release binaries for other platforms later.
- Length function, when applied to strings, returned the size of them
(i.e. the number of characters). It now returns the size of the
binary instead, as on the Newton.
- a new function, StrLen, is provided to compute the size of strings
- various modifications to support NewtObjC
- various modifications to compile NEWT/0 on FreeBSD
- NativeCalls (replaces protoNATIVE)
Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any problem with NEWT/0 and/or NewtObjC.
-- Ministre ultraplÚnipotentiaire en disponibilitÚ. Baignoire Ó vendre. http://www.kallisys.com/ http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/ -- This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/ WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Mon Mar 14 2005 - 23:00:01 PST