[NTLK] Hello, got some questions

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_boc.com)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 14:18:27 PST

These are probably in the FAQ, but, I don't have it memorized like Victor
does.
3. the megahertz driver is built into the newton. Extras --> Prefs -->
Modem. Choose one, try it, if it doesn't work, choose another. Make sure
to specify which slot it is in.
4. that's a screen image of the newton connected to mapquest on the
internet, but yes, there's a GPS application for the newton "GPS Map Lite".
You have to make your own maps to use it though:
http://www.phys.uwosh.edu/mike/newt-maps.html
www.phys.uwosh.edu/mike/gps

Allen

>Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:33:54 -0500
>Subject: [NTLK] Hello, got some questions
>From: Kevin And Maggie Ondre <kevin_ondre_at_vermontel.net>
>Hello, I have been quietly using my newton for a little while now and i
>dont contribute much to the newtalk, being a newbi and all. I have a
>few questions...

<snip>

>3. I just got a MP2000u off ebay, I really scored on this one, it was
>mint, in the box, anyhow, it came with a megahertz 28.8/14.4 modem,
>where does one find newton drivers for that PCMCIA card?
>4. this is a doosie, on the MP box, the newton is displaying a map.
>what app is running to do that and where do i find it? is it a GPS
>app? if so, what is the best PCMCIA GPS card i can get to run in the
>newt? where can i get one?

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential and is provided solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.

No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software.