From: E. Smith (eirens_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 18:52:17 PST
As of today, I'm a new MP 2100 user. The unit I picked up on eBay did
not come with a serial dongle nor any software.
I'd like to setup internet access for my 2100 so I can:
- Install other software from the web (transferred via FTP from
another computer on my LAN, if necessary)
- Browse the web
- Use email.
My salient physical resources are:
- An Apple Newton MessagePad 2100
- A desktop machine running Gentoo Linux
- A desktop machine running Windows XP Pro
- A ThinkPad laptop running Windows 2000 and Gentoo Linux with an IrDA port
- A compact flash-to-PCMCIA adapter
- Tons of CF memory cards (unfortunately ATA, of course)
- One or two PCMCIA modems (one's probably 3Com)
I have two questions:
1. What are my different options?
2. Which option is the most direct (simplest)?
If I have not provided enought data, I welcome your questions.
Thanks for helping me.
-- This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/ WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Sun Mar 20 2005 - 20:30:01 PST