Re: [NTLK] FDTI usb

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 02:00:02 PST

Indeed it looks like that,
but Tx+ and Tx- are SYMMETRIC differential output signals of the RS 422
driver:
Tx+ ranges from 0 to + 12V and Tx- from 0 to - 12V.
When you apply an unipolar logic high signal (i.e. from the Cirrus chip),
you get +12V at the Tx+ and -12V at the Tx- output at the same time, but the
Tx- is NEGATIVE.
converting the symmetric signals back to unipolar logic using a differential
input, you recover the original signal in the first place.
But dependent on the levels, a differential input connected to 0V and Tx-
might interprete the signal correctly and indeed then you have the inverted
signal of the original input.

Cheers
Johannes