Re: [NTLK] Reading a Newton Flash Card on a PC

From: Matthew Hudson (hexsane_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 09:25:36 PST

Has anyone been able to dd there own card from a non PC machine
(PowerPC prefered)? I'm wondering if the data is coming from the card
with the longs flipped or if its the PC doing it. Considering the
flash cards are 16 bit I doubt this is the case but I still want to
confirm it.

I've been able to read through the dd .bin files using the methods I
described in the first post and thus far it is the case. The last tag
(end of file system?) is FFFFFFFF

When I get a chance I'm going to work on extracting a package from the
files (I've found the one package I placed on the card). Does Newton
compress these files when they are placed on a PCMCIA card? If so does
anyone know the compression type used?

I still don't have Linux up with the latest kernel but should have
that done by this afternoon.

-Matt