Re: [NTLK] Fetch URL issue

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 08:06:38 PST

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 03:32:33PM +0000, Konstantinos Theofilis wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> my newt has installed :http lib, zlib, ic/vc and all their requirements.
>
> I am trying to install packages on my newton through the following
> method:
>
> I connect my newt to my LAN. I download though In/Out and Fetch URL
> from a website, located at another machine in my network.

Your webserver will need to be configured to send the proper MIME type
for the pkg file.

If the server's apache, you'll do this by adding

application/x-newton-compatible-pkg pkg

to your mime.types configuration file. Other webservers will have other
means of doing this.

--
If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly owned if it is
not shared. -- St. Augustine