Re: [NTLK] screen problem

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 10:48:52 PST

Henry W.Gratwick wrote:
> hey everyone,
>
> Today I finally tried doing something that's been bothering me on my
> 2000's screen - when i was writing on it i would sometimes draw the pen
> over a tiny mark on the screen, and it would offer resistance - like
> there was a tiny stain on it or something...that's what i thought it
> was until i tried scraping it off and it got made bigger - i realised
> it's in fact a mark where the top coating on the screen has been
> scratched away...it's a tiny mark, but is right in the middle and is
> very annoying.
>
> I don't suppose anything can be done about it without replacing the LCD?

Well I would suggest putting a new screen protector (Nusheild) on it
before it starts getting any worse. You probably won't even notice it
then and cheaper than replacing the screen.

Another thing to check, are you sure you don't already have a screen
protector on it? The original Barrier protector had a coating on it
that after a long time would start to chip off. I had this happen to a
120 that saw a lot of use (was also my last Barrier hence my reluctance
to replace it). So make sure you don't already have a old screen
protector on it. If you gently press up on the screen with both thumbs
it should come right loose. Nusheilds do a great job of protecting your
Newt and will keep the screen from getting any worse
(http://www.nusheild.com).

-Dan