Re: [NTLK] HWR Problem (Jaggies?)

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 06:03:18 PST

> I think I have even rotated the screen and
> it seemed to help to. Try rotating the screen
> 90 and then -90 degrees.

In all cases where I had to deal with Jaggies,
they were caused by the Newton's believing that
two spots on the display were pressed at the same
time. One, obviously, is where you are writing
with the pen, the other usually is where your hand
rests on the bezel.
Since most people seem to use their Newton in
portrait mode while writing, and since most people
are right-handed, the bezel's most likely area
to cause jaggies when pressed on is the side where
the screen door lock is. Rotating the screen will
make your hand rest elsewhere on the bezel.
Some people also reported that the jaggies can be
influenced by inserting or removing PC cards. In
my opinion this is definitely possible, but the
effect is not caused by any software on the cards.
It's simply the fact that cards in the card slots
will to a certain degree influence the bezel's
pressure on the screen.

Frank