Re: [NTLK] Still can't go wireless

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 12:59:43 PDT

On 5/3/05, Bret Feinblatt <bafein_at_mac.com> wrote:

> The unregistered version of that wifi-enabling software from the
> Driver Labo website (what the hell does that mean, anyway?)

I always assumed "labo" was some sort of rough translation for "lab" -
Drive Lab website.

Do you have mac filtering enabled? Do you have wep enabled? Any other
security settings on your WAP? WEP needs to be off, and if you have
MAC filtering, you need to make sure you enter the MAC for your Silver
Turbo card into your MAC filter list - which is easiest to get by
putting the card into a mac or windows laptop and running ifconfig or
ipconfig, respectively.

Just as a confirmation, the "more wifi" package caused by Newton 2100
to bomb/reboot/crash when I installed it with my Bronze Turbo card.
The basic wifi drivers work fine.

Try using your Silver Turbo card in a laptop or other PDA and getting
that working. Try to rule out that the card is broke and not that your
Newt is setup wrong.

-Nick
--=20
The more succinct your sig,