Re: [NTLK] Newby Setting Up in Melbourne Australia

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 20:56:43 PDT

Hi Michael,

On 5/3/05, Michael Beale <mjbeale50_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am also interested in software that can run in either OSX or classic mo=
de
> for making forms for the Newton which can be used for data collection. I =
do
> environmental monitoring and audits where forms would be helpful in
> collecting data while on site. Can people suggest programs and also
> indicate where these might be obtained?

I'll answer this portion as I'm in the middle of doing something
similar to what you are asking about. I recently downloaded PowerForms
off of www.unna.org our global Newton Software Warehouse of most
software that's been collected free/share & commercial software. The
version on UNNA is the Mac version (I wish someone out there who might
have the PC version PLEASE send me a copy as I have a license now).
With either desktop version and the Newton itself you can create
various forms for data collection.

Here's the link:
http://www.unna.org/view.php?/applications/PowerForms

My personal example is that I'm doing a simple Library Cataloging with
Signature Collection for book when they are taken out of the library.
I of course have the hard copy manual though there is a read me in the
archived copy...

The desktop (Mac/PC) versions are suppose to be included so that if
you create the forms on them you can import them to the Newton. I
think there's an additional package to export them from the Newton
also...

By the way this version is 1.0 - I'm not sure if they ever came out
with a newer version or release though... I am trying to get a bar
code scanner so that I can enter the bar codes off of books into my
form that I've created and possibly see if there is a search option
also when tracking or when books are returned so as to pull up the
book and confirm that the book was returned on the form.

By the way - supposedly you can sort, index, have pop up selection and
other items...

Hope this helps!
--=20
God bless,