Re: [NTLK] newtinsider website

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 15:39:05 PDT

What kind of bandwidth will the site have? And storage? Enough to host
some higher quality videos of that other fellows NewtLight, NewtAC,
NewtGPS, etc. videos? Perhaps higher quality videos of other
experiments?

Do you have any ideas for articles you would like to see written?
Perhaps things you don't know about but would like to? Or things you
know about, but don't know as much as you think another author might?

You could synthesize blog entries from other newton blogs into one
larger newton blog, sort of a Newton /. for example. Pull the latest
blog entries off of each person's page and have it automatically
posted, or something.

I've been working on getting my Newton to surf the net via bluetooth
through Windows on VMware running on Linux... when (if) I can ever get
it to work, I'll definitely put together an article, or at least blurb
on how to try and re-create it.

Perhaps you could have a voting mechanism, as well, where people vote
for things, like newest software package ("gee we really need someone
to write a ____ program"), or "I prefer the Newton model ___ because,"
or "I bet the Newton will still have a thriving community in ___
years."

While you are at it, perhaps you could host another NPDS tracker thing
for the community... or you could roll together the synthesization of
blogs and NPDS idea into a free form, constantly updated set of
notes/text written straight from newtons in use on the net around the
world... either transformed into HTML or screen captures or something.

Where is you website right now? How far along is it? Do you have a
basic design? Driving theme (I mean, within the realm of "Newton").

Whatever you do is cool beans of course...