Re: [NTLK] Is Newbie's 2100 dying?

From: W L (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 17:39:38 PDT

One time I had a MP2100 in a deep sleep for 2 weeks. Since I have
backup MP2100's I forgot about 'sleeping beauty'. So I plugged it into
a Newton AC Adapter, pressed the reset button a few times and
'BRRRINGGGG', IT"S ALIVE!!! :-)

The problem I had in the MP2100 was a system soup corruption caused
probably by a OS 1.x app. that I tried. It was reproduced on another
MP2100 and had same problem, the software was added after I restored
from a backup from a memory card from the first MP2100. The app. had a
conflict with another app., but with so many apps. I still haven't
figured out which two or more apps. is the offending source.

BTW, is it possible the previous user switched the CPU boards from
another MP2100?

Can you connect to a desktop/laptop?

HTH.

Woo.