[NTLK] Bluetooth and internet question

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 10:24:13 PDT

To the people that have gotten surfing the internet over Bluetooth
from their Newton working:

Did you get it working using a remote serial port service on your
laptop/desktop with Bluetooth, or via the "LAN over PPP" offered by
your computer?

My laptop provides two options for network connectivity, one is a
serial port and one is LAN over PPP. I have been trying for a week now
to get LAN over PPP to work, and have had tiny amounts of
semi-success, but not enough to actually surf the web with it. It
seems that I could probably have gotten the serial port connection
working by now, but it is much slower than a LAN over PPP setup.

I think most people have gotten Bluetooth internet access working from
a Mac as well. Does the Mac offer LAN over PPP? I'm coming from
Windows XP Bluetooth support.

Thanks for the info.
--=20
The more succinct your sig,